Home School Agreement
We acknowledge that we, as parents/guardians, are the primary educators of our child and have an irreplaceable role to play in supporting our child’s learning at school.
Therefore I/we will try to:
- Support the school’s ethos by promoting Islamic values of modesty and piety in the home.
- Ensure that my/our child attends school regularly, on time and properly equipped
- Contact the school on the first day of my/our child’s absence and send in written explanations for all periods of absence
- Inform the school of any concerns or problems which might affect my/our child’s work or behaviour
- Actively support the school’s approach to discipline and standards, and accept responsibility for my child’s behaviour
- Attend Consultation Evenings and other interviews arranged with the school to discuss my/our child’s progress
- Encourage my/our child to contribute fully to all aspects of school life including extra-curricular activities
We acknowledge our responsibility to support parents/guardians in their task of nurturing their children towards human wholeness within an Islamic Environment.
Therefore, we will try to:
- Provide a positive experience of Islamic community life
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness, treating him/her with dignity and respect
- Ensure that your child achieves his/her full potential as a valued member of the school community
- Provide a balanced curriculum within a safe, caring and stimulating environment which makes provision for your child’s spiritual, cultural and physical development, that is true to our Islamic ethos.
- Achieve high standards of work and behaviour through establishing positive relationships and developing a sense of responsibility
- Support you in your responsibility for ensuring your child’s regular attendance at school, contacting you on the first of absence if no explanation has been provided
- Keep you informed about general school matters and in particular, your child’s progress
I acknowledge the different and unique talents which Allah has given me and my responsibility to use them wisely.
Therefore, I will try to:
- Wear the full school uniform and be smart in appearance
- Bring the proper equipment and books for every lesson
- Take responsibility for completing all my class work and homework to the best of my ability in terms of content and presentation
- Be polite, co-operative and respectful to everyone
- Respect school property and buildings, using them sensibly and keeping them free of litter and graffiti
- Follow the school Behaviour Code in school, when travelling to and from school and when involved in extracurricular activities
- Show a sense of pride for the school
- Exercise self discipline and take responsibility for my actions